The Synapses InteliProbe Module fits onto electricity meters with an IEC62056-21 interface to expand the functionality to AMR and connection/disconnection. The InteliProbe is a reliable, flexible and cost-effective device that incorporates a wide range of functionality to enable better service delivery.
• Optical IEC62056-21 interface to meter.
• Bi-directional RS485 communication.
• Saves meter serial number and consumption registers onboard.
• Read consumption register for meters with IEC62056-21 interface.
• Read consumption Time of Use register for meters with IEC62056-21 interface.
• Reporting of meter communication error and serial number change states.
• 24-Hour load profile in 30-minute intervals.
• Record 30-minute interval Maximum Demand.
• Can switch 100A contactor for Remote Disconnect/Connect purposes.
• Can be managed and controlled from a remote location via GPRS/PLCC/Ethernet/802.11 Wi-Fi.
• Uniquely addressable IP address and by group.
• Daisy chain up to 32 meters with onboard RS485 Bus.
• Device will register automatically on central AMR server, no configuration needed.
• Settable built-in current limiting function.
Current Limiting Feature
• Built-in InteliProbe function
• Remote settable functions:
o Can be Enabled/Disabled
o Current allowed 10A,20A ....100A set point
o Automatic feed [house] disconnect when current set point is reached.
o Disconnected time, 1 minute to 4 hours
o Disconnect repeat if set point is reached, 1 to 254 times
o Automatic connect if disconnected time has elapsed and disconnect repeats >1
• Command can be sent for individual devices, groups  or all
• Command on PLCC: 50 ms, GPRS : 800ms
• Green LED on InteliProbe will indicate contactor state, On/Off.
• Inteliprobe will acknowledge back to the central server the state of the contactor.
• Disconnection queries can be handled remotely.
• Contactor can be set remotely to On/Off.
• Current set point can be changed in real time and according to demand requirements.
• Contactor can be used for disconnection/connection in non payment situations.
• Normal operation: contactor will trip before slow curve circuit breaker, installed in the metering kiosk,
allowing the electrician to reconnect remotely.
All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission of the copyright holder.
Copyright Romulus ©2014.
Synapses, Flexpower and Powerflex II are trademarks of Romulus Computer and Electronic Systems CC.
All other trademarks, service marks and trade names appearing on the Romulus website are the property of their respective owners.